Trademark filing fees is an initial investment that protects your intellectual rights over your Trademark against any Infringement. The general range of Trademark filing fees is from 225$ to 400$. Also, it depends on the class of the goods/services mentioned in the application form.
Trademark application form: Types and Fees
Basically, there are three types of forms used for Trademark filing. These are classified according to the range of filing fees.
The TEAS plus form has the least filing price among the other forms (225$/class of goods or services). However, the filing requirements for this form are very strict. You must file a proper application and it is mandatory to fill all the fields in the form. Some major aspects to keep in mind while filing in TEAS plus category are:
- It is preferable to file a certain medium of communication for concerns related to the application. It includes an online response to the office actions via TEAS. Also, for receiving all the queries regarding the application, mention a valid e-mail.
- You must choose the goods/services that are present in the USPTO’s Acceptable Identification of Goods and Services Manual (ID Manual).
- It is necessary to pay the fees for all the classes in the application during the time of filing.
TEAS Reduced Fee
The TEAS reduced fee application charges $275/class of goods or services and you must agree to the following few requirements for filing this form:
- You must submit all the relevant documents.
- Must submit a valid e-mail so that USPTO can send you e-mails regarding the application status.
Key point: USPTO can charge you an extra fee of 125$/class of goods or services. If you can’t fulfill the necessities of TEAS Plus or TEAS RF.
TEAS Regular application
Filing the TEAS regular application charges the highest fee of $400/class of goods or services and must meet the minimum filing requirements.
Related Articles:Trademark Filing Timeline
Notice of Allowance
NOA is a written document to notify the successful crossing of the opposition phase for the Trademark application.
Some key points regarding NOA are:
- The NOA (Notice of Allowance) is only applicable for Intent-to-use Trademark type applications.
- The date of issue of NOA is very useful to decide the due date of filing the specimen of use (SOU). As you only have 6 months to file for SOU.
- If you are unable to file the SOU or extension request during the given time period, your application is considered abandoned. This means that your application is removed from pending status and is not useful for registration process any more.
- The fees for filing an extension request is 125$/class of goods or services.
You need to pay a fee of 100$/class for continuing the application process if the application falls under the category of Abandoned status.
Document Maintenance Charges
Other than the Trademark filing fees, you also pay for the Trademark maintenance. The Trademark filing fees is a part of the registration process and the Trademark maintenance fees is a part of the post-grant process. Some of the maintenance charges are mentioned below:
A statement approved by the Trademark owner is called Section 8 declaration. The filing date for the declaration lies between the fifth and sixth year of registration. The statement includes 2 main points:
- The trademark is in commercial use with the goods/services mentioned at the time of registration.
- The trademark is not in commercial use due to some special reasons or circumstances.
The fees for Section 8 declaration filing is 125$/class of goods or services.
USPTO accepts the Section 8 declaration statements after 6 months from the due date; this period is called grace period. Also, the charges of Declarations submitted on the grace period are 100$/class of goods or services.
Moreover, during the grace period, you do a combined filing of section 8 declaration and section 9 renewal applications.
The combined filing charges 200$/class of goods or services, 100$/class for each.
Services at The Trademark Filing Company
The Trademark filing company serves you with the most pertinent solutions. Our professional squad helps you to file a perfect Trademark application within minimum time. We also provide you with free iterations until complete satisfaction. Also, we have proved ourselves as a trusted organization in 100% positive customer review. Our post-grant services provide you long-lasting results. Place your order online at a very pocket-friendly price. We keep you update with every step of the process. To know more about our services, reach to The Trademark Filing Company.